SPOD 2.4 “Vega” platform is now here!
Proud and happy to announce the new version 2.4 of the Social Platform for Open Data (SPOD). Our SPOD allows easy discussions, effective co-creation and smooth social interactions around Open Data.
Among the most relevant new features of “Vega” SPOD platform:
Now you can share SPOD content on social media, i.e. Facebook, Twitter and Google+: SPOD allows to users to share any data visualization (i.e., datalets) on Twitter, Facebook and Google+.
(Dublin plenary meeting Feedback, May 25th 2017)
Agora and images: to each post in a discussion room, it is possible to upload an image
(Issy, Prato Feedback, GitHub Issue #280)
New Datalets and enhancements have been introduced:
- Timeline enables anyone to build visually rich (e.g., images), interactive timelines. The data items can take place on a single date, or have a start and end date (a range). You can freely move and zoom in the timeline. This visualization allows picking stories with a chronologic narrative, or an evolution of storytelling with pictures.
- Media Slider: a catalogue of media (e.g. images ) with descriptions is available among the SPOD datalets
Cocreation data room: A lightweight, high performance web server proxy has been introduced to enhance performance, memory management and to resolve firewall problem (co-creation not working behind a company firewall that prevents ports besides 80 to be used).
Refactor Ethersheet server side to improve performance and stability
- Search of a created data room
- Refactoring of a new discussion room
Compatibility with Ortelio’s Ultraclarity engine: now it is possible to show data coming from a query to the Ortelio Ultraclarity engine.
UltraClarity is indexing the full text of 425 documents (PDF, DOC, etc) published in the following repository (Prato Town Council (Italy):
UltraClarity is indexing the full text of 3,280 documents (PDF, DOC, etc) published in the following repositories (Netherland ):
UltraClarity is indexing the full text of 1,463 documents (PDF, DOC, etc) published in the following repositories (Dublin):
(Ortelio Feedback, GitHub Issue #121)
Stress/load test for Agora and Cocreation data room (GitHub Issue #245)
- Agora: Not clear how the “Sentiment” feature works
(Issy Feedback, GitHub Issue #251)
- User graph in Agora with tooltip (GitHub Issue #263)
- Controllet: coordinates in a single field reduce the amount of balloons available (GitHub Issue #262)
- Cocreation Data: A problem arises when you want to include special characters such as the double quote marks (“) in the metadata. (GitHub #281)
SPOD 2.4 requires:
to clear the browser’cache , more details are available at http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser%27s-Cache.
How to clear browsing data in the cache:
Some screenshots of the main features in “Vega” (v.2.4) follow:
SPOD shares datalets on social media (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Google +). Sharing a posting with datalet on social media, namely Facebook ,Twitter and Google+, respectively, clicking on the right side of each datalet on the social media button.
Share a post with datalet on Facebook
Share a datalet with your follower on Twitter
A datalet shared in Facebook
In Facebook, clicking on the SPOD post a new page explains details about the owner of the posting, where the data visualization is in SPOD (e.g., in What’s new, in Agora)
SPOD Tour visualizes a second page, dragging to the right to discover features of SPOD platform
On the right side of page, a navigation is available among the pages. The following page displays interactive datalets.
Controllet and new datalets
Media Slider: a catalogue of photos with descriptions
Each datalet allows to enlarge the visualization of a dataset
Integrating SPOD with Ultraclarity
In the Controllet, “FROM extended search“ tab (see 1 in the screenshot ) allows to search a dataset (see 3 in the screenshot) filling in the “search” field (see 2 in the screenshot)
Dublin repository (e.g, Search = “bike”)
Prato repository (e.g., Search = “Alberi”)
Dataplatform repository (e.g., Search = “Openbare Verlichting Dordrecht”)
Cocreation data room: a new discussion room
Agora: Uploading images
In each discussion room, the button below allows to upload photos