Blog, News, Project Results
SPOD 1.7 “Lesath” is now here!
Proud and happy to announce the new version 1.7 of the Social Platform for Open Data (SPOD). Our SPOD allows easy discussions, effective co-creation and smooth social interactions around Open Data.
Among the relevant features of “Lesath”:
- Controllet: User Interface cleanup
(Warsaw meeting, 2st decision of G.A, in May 25th 2016) (Taiga ticket #223)
(Groningen Feedback, February 18 2016) (Taiga #223)
- Roles: now in SPOD it is possible to choose a role for a user. Currently, it is possible to choose the moderator role, that in Agora allows the creation of new rooms, only the moderators can create (configurable)
(Prato Feedback, June 30th 2016) (Taiga #264)
- SPOD Welcome Page and “What’s new” page : a new user interface
- Log In: log into your account from the same page
- Sign up (Registration in SPOD)
- Possible to have users enrolling by themselves checking only the email address (requires the configuration of a file)
(Prato Feedback from Warsaw meeting, in May 25th 2016) (Taiga ticket #307)
- Open Wall replaced with new User Interface of the Welcome page
(Groningen Feedback, April 2016) (Taiga #170)
- “What’s new” page: custom and configurable widgets (Tweets, Agora Activities, SPOD Help RSS feeds, Static content, etc.…)
(Dublin Feedback, April 29th 2016) (Taiga #146 , # 194, #195, #196, #207, #211, #212)
(Issy Feedback, July 07 2016) (Taiga #284)
(Groningen, Prato Feedback on the forum of Intranet “Usability #2: changing the landing page (Openwall) and What’s new”, May 30th 2016 (Taiga # 304))
- Improved stability and usability;
- Improvement of the visualization of the Comments graph
- Improved the synchronization between the graph and the comments, when many comments are introduced
(Warsaw meeting, 3st decision of G.A, in May 25th 2016) (Taiga ticket #306)
(Prato Feedback, June 30th 2016) (Taiga #266)
- Cocreation data room: new features:
“co-creation data room”: co-creation data room is a collaborative, real-time spreadsheet; It combines the ease of authoring and multi-user editing of spreadsheet enriched with export/import csv files.
It allows citizens to collaborate on a spreadsheets over SPOD platform in realtime to create dataset with useful criteria for data validation, and to publish a dataset to share for further discussion in social collaboration tools in SPOD (e.g., in What’s New, Agora ).
- Input from a Map from within the spreadsheet
- Interactive map
- Map locations
- Notification in discussion
- In discussion room, a new message is notified with an icon with the counter of number of received and not read messages.
(Warsaw meeting, 1st decision of G.A, in May 25th 2016) (Taiga ticket #248)
Minor features and improvements
- Co-creation data:
- approximate/ rounding coordinates only point on map
- Import csv file the values showed in one column
- Delete a data room
(Prato Feedback, July 04 2016) (Taiga #256, #261 #253)
- Delete a card
(Prato Feedback, June 08 2016) (Taiga #271)
- Controllet: the step 1) shows metadata for each dataset of an open data portal
(Groningen Feedback, February 04 2016) (Taiga #227)
- Search of a room by name or description
- Only administrator or moderator can create a room
- Weird date of rooms in Agora
(Issy Feedback, July 07 2016) (Taiga #293)
- French Translation
(Issy Feedback, July 07 2016) (Taiga #290, #234)
SPOD 1.7 requires:
- to clear the browser’cache , more details are available at http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser%27s-Cache.
- Delete each datalet created with previous versions in the “My space”.
Some screenshots of the main features in “Lesath” (v.1.7) follow: