Open Data Stakeholder Interview
The interview was planned to sample the opinions of open data stakeholders and end users from among the upstream, midstream and downstream segments of the open data sector practitioners. From the upstream group, we engaged stakeholders that supply data to the industry such as data generators and publishers typically the government but also including the business community or non-for-profit (partly government agencies); from the midstream group, we engaged the data mediators such as platform developers, governments representatives involved in the role of creating an enabling environment for the practice of open data as well as the promoters of open data. Finally, we also engaged stakeholders from the downstream group in data gathering interviews. In this group we sampled opinions from Data Analysts, Researchers, Data Journalists and App Developers.
There were 13 main questions in the interview questionnaire covering 3 major areas:
- Platform challenges
- Desired platform features and priorities of the features, and
- Other features and issues surrounding Open Data Platform capabilities to support the enhancement of government transparency, accountability and general adoption.
Different interviews were conducted with stakeholder between 24th April, 2015 and 21st of May, 2015.
The interviewees in the exercise come from the following stakeholders groups and were also involves the state tasks in their respective organisations.
- Interviewee #1: From IT research centre, Group: Researcher and Promoter of Open Data; involved application of Open Data (OD) Institute node in the research centre and also promotion of the concept and practice of open data in the country.
- Interviewee #2: Data Gathering Centre, Group: Mediator/expert/publisher, involved in Data Generation or collection and publishing.
- Interviewee #3: From IT research centre, Group: Academic and Researcher of Open Data; involved in developing application of Open Data (OD) in the research centre.
- Interviewee #4: OD Platform Owner, Group: Open Data Platform provider, involving provision of technology for open data consumers including federal government, local government etc.
- Interviewee #5: Open Platform Owner, Group: Open Data Platform Provider, involving provision technology for Open Data consumers including Analysis and Development of data transformation pipeline.
- Interviewee #6: Data Gathering Institute, Group: Data Generation, Collection and Publishing, involving Scientific and Technical Specialist services on Geospatial Information Systems, Coordinating data management, data project management and Developing data Strategy for the geospatial data systems for the institute